All advisors can expect their advisees to:
- Accept responsibility for personal decisions that will lead to earning the baccalaureate degree.
- Schedule regular appointments and make regular contacts with advisor during each semester.
- Come prepared to each advising session with specific questions or materials needing to be answered or discussed.
- Maintain a well organized updated advisement portfolio or academic record and bring it to advisement sessions in order to reconcile the advisee and the advisor’s records, assess progress toward goals and plan a course of study for the following semester.
- Participate in the advisor/advisee experience.
- Enroll in appropriate courses which the advisor and the advisee have agreed upon and immediately inform the advisor of any unapproved deviations from the approved schedule.
- Complete all assignments or recommendations from the advisor.
- Gather all relevant decision-making information about the major program of study and prospective careers.
- Clarify personal values and goals and provide advisor with accurate information regarding advisees’ interests and abilities.
- Become knowledgeable about the College and university programs, policies and procedures.