ASU Police Mission
The Albany State University Police Department will maintain the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity with a spirit of excellence. We are committed to the philosophy of the entire campus community involvement in policing. We will build partnerships and coalitions with staff, faculty and students to identify and recommend solutions to the problems with the goal of improving the quality of life on campus.
Our commitment is to provide professional service and employ time-tested police methods and promising innovative approaches to better protect our faculty, staff, and students and visitors.
In our individual conduct and in our personal relationships we value:
- Integrity and ethical behavior at all times
- Respect for the rules of law and the dignity of all human beings
- Acceptance of full responsibility and accountability for our actions
- Empathy and compassion for others
- Direct communication that permits and encourages healthy disagreements
- Resolving differences in a mutually supportive and positive way.
In our professional responsibility we value:
- Individual and team effective in solving crime and crime related problems on ASU campus
- Exceptional response to ASU community needs
- Equal protection and service to all regardless of economic status
- Continual commitment to personal and professional growth
- Responsible and creative management of our resources
- Excellence and continuous improvement in all we do