The Office of University Comunications is responsible for making all media contacts on behalf of the Albany State University and its operational units. Requests for media coverage of ASU events should be made by contacting University Communications at 430-4671.
Albany State University welcomes inquiries from the media concerning issues and operations. Media are asked to first contact the Director of University Communications at 430-4671 or they may contact the Office of the President directly at (229) 430-4605.
Within ASU, individuals designated to speak to the media on behalf of ASU are:
- Director of University Communications
- University President
- Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
- Vice President for Fiscal Affairs
- Vice President for Information & Instructional Technology
- Director of Athletics
- Director of Sports Information
- Other Staff as directed by the President or Director of University Communications
No one other than the individuals listed above are authorized to speak to the media on behalf of ASU.
NOTE: This policy is no way intended to infringe upon the rights of indivuals or employees of ASU to speak to the media as individuals. However, it is the responsibility of the individual faculty or staff member to make it clear to the media that their comments are personal and do not in any way represent or reflect the position or opinion of ASU.