What to bring to SOAR
The Orientation staff has put together a list of things that you should bring when you pack for your Orientation session. Remember to think casual and comfortable when you are packing. You want to be comfortable during the sessions and evening activities. Only bring with you what you will need for two days and one night (you aren’t going on a week-long vacation!). Do not bring any valuable possessions with you, because the Orientation Program is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes - you will thank us when you have to walk around campus!
- Washcloth, towel
- Toilet Paper
- Soap/Body Wash
- Personal hygiene items (lotion, deodorant, etc.)
- Long Twin Sheets (to fit a 36"x 80" mattress),
- A Comforter, a pillow and a pillowcase
- Cleaning Supplies
- Clorox-based Shower Spray & Toilet Cleaner
- Scouring Pads
- Trash bags
- Shower Shoes
- Alarm clock and watch -you must be on time to every session
- Umbrella - you don’t want to get caught in the rain
- A light sweater or jacket for when you are in your sessions
- Personal Snacks- (Chips, cookies and water)- in case you get hungry!
- Personal spending money – in case you want to purchase items in the ASU Bookstore
- Important ID Information: You are required to bring a government-issued picture ID to SOAR, such as a driver's license, state ID or passport.