ASU Testing Center
CLEP and Challenge
Credit by Exam is a means by which a student who is proficient in an academic subject may take either a Challenge exam or a CLEP exam to earn credit.
Inquiries concerning Challenge exams should be directed to the division or department in which the course is being taught. Challenge exams may only be taken one time for each particular course.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests are CollegeBoard standardized tests administered by personnel in the Testing Center.
To look at the CLEP Exams Overview and to register for CLEP exams visit the CLEP website at:
ASU students must follow the procedure outlined on page 54 of the Undergraduate Catalog before registering for a CLEP exam.
CLEP General Information
- Register online at https://clep.collegeboard.org/register.
- Print your Registration Ticket.
- To schedule a test date:
- call the ASU Testing Center Office, (229) 317-6735, or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- visit the West Campus Testing Center, 2400 Gillionville Rd., Bldg. G-101.
What to Bring on Test Day:
- Photo ID – Government issued photo ID (name on ID must match name on the registration ticket)
- CLEP Registration Ticket printed from your CLEP account
- Proctor Fee: $20 cash/exact amount