Center for Faculty Excellence
The CFE Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is composed of representatives from each College at Albany State University. They represent the “best of the best” as each has received honors that support excellence in teaching and learning. Their expertise adds a special dimension to the CFE, providing the Center with a better understanding of the needs of each College at ASU.
The CFE Advisory Board membership is made up of a member from each College. These members represent each College, communicate specific College and departmental needs, and serve as liaisons between the Colleges and the Center.
Criteria for Nomination
Members were identified as having demonstrated exemplary teaching in their respective fields. Nominees were identified as University wide Teachers of the Year (TOTY), Governor’s Teaching Fellows (GTF), Fulbright Fellows or Scholars, Woodrow Wilson Fellows, or other exemplary teaching, service or research recognitions.
Members 2017 – 2019
- Dr. Jeffry Mack, GTF, 2016, College of Arts and Humanities
- Dr. Cynthia Bennett, ASU TOTY, 2016, College of Business
- Dr. Erica DeCuir, GTF, 2017, College of Education
- Dr. John Williams, ASU TOTY, 2017, College of Science, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Tonya Curles, Darton State College Community Service Award, Darton College of Health Professions