Master of Education Degrees
Mission and Objectives
The Department of Teacher Education offers the Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in the various certification areas. The purpose of the M.Ed. degree program is to develop responsibility and leadership in classroom teaching, subject matter specialization, and/or supervision and administration in educational systems. The program promotes critical thinking and creative reasoning skills in solving educational problems, a continual quest for knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, citizens and the community of educators. The program has the following objectives:
- To prepare teachers and other school professionals to implement basic and applied research in education.
- To promote the development of the essential observable competencies deemed significant for teachers and other school professionals.
- To assure the acquisition of advanced knowledge in a field of concentration.
- To provide a variety of experiences that enhance professional advancement opportunities for teachers and other school professionals.
- To prepare students for further graduate study in the field of education