Center For Undergraduate Research
- What does undergraduate research look like in my major?
- What steps do I take to get involved?
- What kind of compensation is available for students?
- When is the right time to get involved?
- Does it make a difference if I’m still undeclared or lower division?
Coaching on identifying a faculty research sponsor
- How do I find the right research sponsor?
- What should I consider in establishing a working agreement?
Guidance on developing and sustaining a
working relationship with faculty research sponsors
- What should I expect from my research sponsor?
- What will my research sponsor expect from me?
- Referrals to Sponsored research programs
- Referrals to faculty who are looking for research assistants
- Guidance on developing our own research project and identifying a research sponsor
- Assistance on applying to summer research opportunities outside of ASU
Educational programs, seminars & workshops
- Exposure to discipline specific research topics
- Professional development and training activities to support skill development appropriate to the discipline
(e.g., abstract, writing, preparation for oral and poster presentation)
- Information on participating in undergraduate research conferences and publication opportunities