Center for Undergraduate Research (CUR)
Call for Proposals
Spring 2018 – Fall 2018 Undergraduate Research Program
Student researchers must hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher. A faculty mentor must agree to partner with the student researcher and supervise the student research. Faculty mentors should provide necessary resources, materials, and supplies required for the research project. Program dates are February 16, 2018 – November 2, 2018. If selected, you will be required to attend the program orientation session that is scheduled for Friday, February 16, 2018 (Tentatively scheduled for 11:00am – 12:00pm).
- Applications that are completed and submitted by the above due date with all the necessary information and documentation will be considered for participation.
- Applications with clear ideas and specific aims (overall strategy, methodology, and analysis), and proper proposal formatting for the respective discipline will be considered.
- Additional review criteria will include the significance, the innovation, and the impact of the project.
- Projects that have potential to be published in refereed research journals will be given a high priority.
- New faculty members or faculty members who do not have major grants and would like to use the projects to stimulate major grant proposals are encouraged to apply.
- General payment guidelines are as follows for those selected:
- One individual student will receive up to $1,000 across two semesters for full participation in the CUR Program (paid, in equal parts, following satisfactory completion of program requirements for Spring Semester 2018 and Fall Semester 2018).
- Two or more students working on the same project will receive up to $1,000 across two semesters for full participation in the CUR Program (divided equally among student participants and paid, in equal parts, following satisfactory completion of program requirements for Spring Semester 2018 and Fall Semester 2018).
- The primary faculty mentor will receive up to $1,000 across two semesters for full participation in the CUR Program (paid, in equal parts, following satisfactory completion of program requirements for Spring Semester 2018 and Fall Semester 2018). Secondary mentors will not receive compensation.
- Student researchers are required to present their research at the ASU Undergraduate Research Conferences (Friday, April 20, 2018 and, tentatively, Friday, November 2, 2018). Student researchers are also required to attend mandatory enrichment workshops/events and prepare and submit prescribed research reports at the end of each program term.
- Research projects may or may not be a part of academic course in which the student will receive academic credit including research courses.
- Research projects must be new projects and cannot be projects that have been presented at another conference nor should they be projects that have been previously submitted and accepted by ASU’s Undergraduate Research program for funding/participation. The project cannot be one that is being funded by another grant.
- Since these are academic based research projects, it is a requirement that only faculty members act as faculty mentors for the student researchers.
The acceptance period has now ended.