Important Information for International Students
Click on the title to find out more information
- Copy of their passport
- Official transcripts with WES evaluation translated into English
- Proof of funding.
- TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge English scores.
- International student application undergraduate/graduate
- ACT/SAT scores.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Interest as to why they chose Albany State University
- Immunization Record (MMR, Meningitis, Clear TB test)
- Transfer transcripts from high schools or colleges attended inside the USA
- Transfer In Form from us and a Transfer Out form from their current school
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of your current I-20 or other immigration document
Resources international students may find helpful in their job search and career.
- Foreign-born.com – www.foreignborn.com
- International Student – www.internationalstudent.com/resources
- National Association for College Admission Counseling –www.nacanet.org/studentinfo/inernationalstudentresources/pages/default.aspx
- “Crossing Customs: International Student Write on US College Life and Culture – Jay Davis and Andrew Garrod (Book)
The following resources provide a variety of lists of potential sponsoring employers, occupational outlooks and job opportunities.
- H1 Base Top Occupations List – www.h1base.com/visa/work/H1BvisaBestOccupationProfessionRanking/ref/1576/
- List of H1B Employers – www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2013-H1B-Visa-Sponsor.aspx
- International Student Website – www.internationalstudent.com/
- International Job Resources – Riley Guide – www.rileyguide.com/
- U. S. Department of Labor – www.flcdatacenter.com/caseH1B.aspx
- “Power Ties: The International Student’s Guide to Finding A Job in the United States” by Dan Beaudry (Book)
- “Make Your American Dream A Reality: How to Find A Job as an International Student in the United States” by Ceren Cubukcu (Book)
- Council on International Educational Exchange – http://www.ciee.org
- “3 Steps to Your Job in the USA: International Student Edition” by Steven Steinfield with Yinping Huang (Book)
- “2014 International Student Handbook”, (27th Edition) by The College Entrance Examination Board (Book)
- Overseas Jobs.com – www.overseasjobs.com/do/where
- Cultural Vista – www.culturalvistas.org