Welcome to the Academic Advising and Retention Center (AARC). The AARC employs a team of highly trained academic advisors that assists freshmen and sophomores (45 hours or less) as they begin their academic journey at Albany State University. Our academic advisors are passionate about their job and knowledgeable about your program of study.
In AARC, our job goes beyond helping you to register for classes. The mission of AARC is to “Help our students achieve their academic goals.” We achieve this mission through the following AARC objectives:
- AARC will empower students to become self-advocates for their academic, career and personal goals and progression toward these goals;
- AARC will advocate for institutional programs, policies, requirements and procedures that enrich the student experience and facilitate persistence toward graduation;
- AARC will assist students with identifying campus resources and services that can be used to assist them in achieving their academic, personal, and career goals.
AARC focuses on student success. The AARC team also provides advisement in the following areas:
- Change of major and discuss the reason(s) for change;
- Registration prior to start of semester;
- Preparation for upcoming semester’s classes.