Welcome to the Albany State University family! Once you have been accepted into the Dual Enrollment (DE) Program, it is time to get ready for registration. Please follow these steps in the program process to get registered and finalize steps before and after enrollment. If you have completed all admissions requirements, you can skip the first page.
Student’s that pre-register for classes are more likely to get the classes, instructors, and times they prefer. College classes run differently than high school courses. Students can make their schedules Monday/Wednesday/ Friday 50 minute courses, Tuesday/Thursday 75 minute courses, or additional options are available. Student’s generally take courses in the core curriculum. With this being your first semester, you may not know what classes are offered or which are approved. The Dual Enrollment registration process shows the classes you are eligible to enroll in and how to navigate to the course schedule. These courses must be discussed with your high school counselor and guardian and be listed on your Student Participation Agreement before you can schedule a registration appointment. Students must bring a filled out Student Participation Agreement to the Dual Enrollment Coordinator or Specialist when ready to register. Fall and Summer pre-registration usually begins in April, and Spring pre-registration usually begins in November.
Once you have registered, it is time to get ready for the semester! You will need to complete the “what comes next” checklist to get prepared for the upcoming semester. This includes:
- Exploring links in Banner Web
- Office 365 (all communication will be done via official student email)
- Exploring GeorgiaVIEW (D2L) (courses will not show up until the first day of class)
- Get your Student ID Card
- Obtain a Parking Pass
- Pick up your books
- Submit GA Futures Dual Enrollment Scholarship application
- Check out the Dual Enrollment current students page for more information on the GA Futures Dual Enrollment financial application and Bookstore process.
- Go to class or sign in online!