Albany State University campuses will close Sept. 10 and Sept. 11 due to predicted severe weather
ALBANY, Ga. – Due to forecasted weather conditions, Albany State University, including all satellite campuses, will be closed on Sunday, Sept. 10 and Monday, Sept. 11. Dining facilities on the East and West campuses will remain open. Ram Rush transportation service will not operate during this time.
The university will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 12, as normal. Any additional closures will be communicated via the university website, email and social media. Updates will also be provided to local media outlets.
Everyone is asked to adhere to the following precautions:
- Avoid walking or parking around trees during the storm.
- Stay inside if the winds are high. There will more than likely be debris in the winds that can cause serious bodily harm.
- Review the campus shelter plans.
- Any area or location that does not have windows can be a last minute shelter.
- Make sure your electronic devices are fully powered.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to monitor local media for weather updates. Information of when the campuses will reopen will be shared with local media and by way of your university e-mail accounts, the university’s Connect 5 alert system, asurams.edu, and all official university social media accounts.