Albany State University’s Graduate School welcomes applicants from other countries. International applicants interested in one our graduate programs should complete the steps listed below.
- Complete Albany State University’s Graduate School Admissions Application. You may apply online by clicking here.
- Get official transcripts of all non-U.S. colleges attended evaluated by an official U.S. Credential Evaluation Service. Send the results to the Graduate School. International applicants must have the equivalent of an U.S. Bachelor’s Degree. A course-by-course and grade point average (GPA) evaluation is required for college/university records. World Education Services is our preferred credential evaluator and they can be reached at 212-966-6311 or www.wes.org. A listing of all recognized credential evaluation services is available at www.naces.org.
- Request that all U.S. colleges/universities that you have attended or are attending, send your official academic transcript to the Graduate School.
- Request that your official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores be sent to the Graduate School if your home country’s official language is not English.
- Complete the Certificate of Finances Form and return with verification of financial support to the Graduate School. Such verification can be an official bank statement or a signed letter from a bank officer dated within the past six months verifying that you have at least $27,600 in U.S. funds or your country’s equivalent available for one year of tuition and expenses while attending Albany State University.
- Submit required documents for program of interest to the Graduate School.
- Once all required documents have been received, the completed application packet will be forwarded to the respective department for review.
- If you are currently attending another college or university in the U.S. and wish to transfer to Albany State University, you will need to complete the items above that apply to you and send a copy of your current Form I-20, student visa, and I-94 to the Graduate School. You will also need to have a Designated School Official (DSO) complete the Albany State University Transfer Clearance Form and have it returned to the Graduate School.
- After you have been approved for admission, a deposit to cover your first semester of fees in U.S. funds must be transferred into your Albany State University student account under your RAM ID before a Form I-20 will be released from Albany State University. The amount of the deposit will be determined after notification of approval and is based on the fee schedule for the academic term of enrollment.
- Please provide proof of health insurance coverage that will cover you in the United States. You will be required to purchase health insurance in the U.S. if you do not have such insurance in your home country.
- Required documents other than official transcripts, test scores, and credential evaluation reports may be imaged and emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 229-430-4105, or mailed to:
Albany State University Graduate School,
Billy C. Black Building 389
504 College Drive
Albany, GA 31705
Our office phone number is 229-430-1354.
For additional information regarding opportunities for international students once they arrive to campus, visit our Global Programs website by clicking here.