OneUSG Connect to streamline human resources activities, benefits and pay
ALBANY, Ga – Albany State University (ASU) faculty and staff will benefit from a new initiative to streamline human resources activities, benefits and compensation throughout the University System of Georgia.
OneUSG Connect will replace ADP, the current self-service tool, in April 2018. As a result, all employees will experience a more efficient way to manage time and personal information.
Major components such as payroll services, talent management, human resources management, time and attendance and benefits administration, will be unified and integrated into a single system.
The process involves five phases: Introduction, Preparation, Final Countdown, Go-live and Training. All USG institutions are placed in cohorts; Go-live dates are determined by the assigned cohort. ASU is in cohort three and in the preparation phase. OneUSG Connect is currently live at 13 institutions.
Every USG employee will use Employee Self Service in OneUSG Connect to perform time and absence submissions, as well as, view and update personal information such as direct deposits, pay stubs, benefits and tax information.
Mobile friendly, the new system will allow ASU employees and managers to submit and approve absences on the go. In addition, the USG Shared Service Center will offer a more centralized support system for faster and more efficient responses to issues and questions.
Employees will use the new system to:
- Enter, submit or revise time worked and absences
- View and update personal information, home and mailing address, phone numbers, marital status, email address and emergency contacts
- Request a name change
- View paychecks and compensation history
- Use the Paycheck Modeler to simulate a paycheck
- Set up, view or update voluntary deductions, such as charitable contributions
- Update and review direct deposit information and accounts
- View, add, update or remove personal bank accounts
- View and update tax information, such as W-4 and G-4 forms
- View W-2 forms or request a W-2 reissue
- Set up preferences to receive a W-2 electronically
- Accept, manage and decline Delegation Requests from others in an organization who need assistance performing time, labor and absence tasks when an individual is out of the office
- See historical transactions that an individual has processed, including transactions approved, denied, submitted or pending for a review such as name changes and profile submissions
- See delegated transactions that have been submitted, approved or denied, if an individual has served as a delegate for a manager.
As OneUSG Connect goes live system wide, new features and actions will be added to enhance performance and add options. ASU employees will access the application via a link and secure credentials as ASU’s launch date approaches.
OneUSG Connect updates will be distributed throughout the process. Albany State human resources representatives will be available to help navigate the new system, answer questions and provide training.