D2L Troubleshooting and Self-help
Your computer’s web browser is a very important tool when using a Learning Management System such as Desire2Learn (D2L). If you are experiencing difficulty accessing D2L, chances are the reason can be explained through the troubleshooting tips and self-help questions below:
1. Did you run the System Check? It is quick, easy and free and will ensure that your web browser is optimized for your D2L courses. This only takes a minute and will save you time and trouble later.
2. Did your check to makesure you are on the supported Browser? Google Chrome
3. Did you reset your password? When accessing D2L for the first time, you must change your password. Click here to perform the password reset.
4. Are you using the correct username? Student usernames are the same as your Network ID and must not include “@students.asurams.edu” to login to D2L. The correct username format is JBrown.
5. Was your ASU Network ID username just created? If so, please wait 24 hours and then try to login again. If you are still having trouble, you may need to perform a password reset. Change Password.
6. Did you forget your password? As long as you have set up a “security question”, you will be able to reset your own password. Change Password.
7. If you still can’t login, please contact the ITS Help Desk or submit a Help Desk ticket.
Course Access Issues
Don’t see your course? After you login to D2L you arrive at your D2L My Home page. You should have a listing of your courses underneath a banner/widget named My Courses. If your courses are not listed it may be for one of the following reasons:
1. Did you just enroll in the course? It typically takes a day to sync your registration with the course in D2L; please wait 24 hours and check again.
2. Is the semester start more than two weeks away? Courses are populated with their classlist no earlier than two weeks prior to the start of the semester. However, the course may not appear until the first day of class. It is up to the instructor to make it available. If the semester has started, please contact your instructor to confirm they are using D2L. If you are the instructor, please view How to edit Course on the Faculty Orientation Page to see how to make a course active.
3. Are you registered for the course? Please login to the Banner and view your enrollment dates and course schedule to verify you are registered for this current semester.
4. Did you collapse the course listing? Your courses will not appear if you have collapsed the “My Courses” group or the “Semester” group (i.e., 2014 Spring) . On the right side of the My Courses banner, as well as the semester heading, there is a small double chevron , click to expand the group and show your course listing.