ASU’s goal is to ensure as much face-to-face instructional experiences as possible, while maintaining social distancing protocols. It is important to bring our students back to our campuses so that they may engage in the full higher education experience, which we have all invested much time in developing.
Faculty Allowance for Course Modality Change
- Course modality for fall 2020 face-to-face courses will be offered in a hybrid format where a portion of the students are physically in the room with the instructor while the remaining students are either viewing the class remotely in a synchronous fashion or working online in an asynchronous fashion. Recommendations for hybrid formats include the following:
- Lower-division courses to use in-person and synchronous instruction. Videoconferencing
equipment is installed in all classrooms prior to the start of the semester to facilitate
this mode of instruction.
- Upper-division courses can use either the synchronous format or a mix of in-person
and online asynchronous work.
- Faculty, scheduled to teach face-to-face or hybrid courses during the fall 2020 semester,
may not move their courses to fully online.
- Faculty who fall into higher risk populations should contact the Office of Human Resources
at 229.500.2026 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of requesting reasonable accommodations for the fall 2020 semester.
- Faculty will work with their department chair and the office of Human Resources to identify an appropriate accommodation for delivering their course(s). Before making changes to course delivery, the provost must provide final approval for faculty to alternate arrangements.