Campus Update 8/4/21
Special Message from the President: City of Albany Reinstates Mask Mandate
Earlier today, the City of Albany reinstated its’ mask mandate. This mandate covers all public places (see attached City of Albany Mask Ordinance 20-112).
ASU does not have a mask mandate on campus, however everyone is strongly encouraged to wear a mask or face covering while inside campus facilities. We will continue to work closely with the Georgia Department of Public Health to prioritize the health and safety of our campus communities.
For the safety of our campus community, your family and others, we encourage you to get vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines offer safe, effective protection and urges all students, faculty, staff and visitors to get vaccinated either on campus or with a local provider.
Because prevention is the most important measure to prevent transmission of any virus, we encourage everyone on campus to continue using these preventative strategies:
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine
- Wash regularly using soap and water
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes into elbow or tissue and immediately place in trash
- Avoid touching your eyes/nose/mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay home when experiencing symptoms of illness until you are fever-free without medication for 24 hours
Yours for ASU,
Marion Ross Fedrick