The ASU Foundation
The Albany State University Foundation, Inc. solicits and accepts private gifts, including in-kind gifts, to Albany State University. In addition to this development function, the Foundation maintains donor records, manages the assets under its control and disburses monies to support university programs.
The foundation is a non-profit organization given the privilege of tax exemption. Article II of the Articles of Incorporation of the Albany State University Foundation, Inc. states: "The purpose for which the corporation is formed and the business and objects to be carried on and promoted by it are as follows":
- To provide resources, services and money for scholarship and student aid.
- To provide an opportunity through the subjected services, resources and money for disadvantaged youths to become constructive and productive citizens on a non-profit basis.
The foundation Board expanded on the initial purpose by approving five major areas of emphasis and fund-raising:
- Institutional Enrichment
- Faculty/Staff Development
- Operations Management
ASU Foundation Executive Board Members
- Dr. Arthur Dunning, University President
- Mr. Clifford Porter, Executive Director
- Mr. Gregory T. Hylick, Foundation President
- Dr. Chanta M. Haywood, Interim Vice President Institutional Advancement
- Mr. Virgil Adams
- Dr. John Culbreath, Treasurer
- Mr. William Johnson
- Dr. Michael Eric Dyson
- Mr. Bruce Melton, Secretary
- Mr. Quentin Davis
- Dr. Sonya Taylor-Glover
- Mr. Greg Daniels
- Dr. William Peppicello
Albany State University Foundation, Inc.
Albany State University
504 College Drive
Albany, Georgia 31705