Darton State College Catalog 2013 - 2014 - page 58

student at Darton State College seeking Academic Renewal status from former enrollment
at Darton must have had a five-year absence from any postsecondary institution. A student
may be granted Academic Renewal status only once.
Former Learning Support students may apply for Academic Renewal only if they
successfully completed all Learning Support requirements prior to the commencement of
the five-year period of absence.
All previous coursework and academic standing continue to be reflected on the student’s
official transcript. Academic credit for previously completed coursework, including transfer
courses, will be retained only for courses in which an A, B, or C grade has been earned.
The renewal grade point average is begun when the student resumes taking coursework
following approval for Academic Renewal. Retained grades are not calculated in the
Renewal GPA. The Renewal GPA begins with the semester following re-enrollment.
Required courses with D or F grades must be repeated at the Academic Renewal
institution. All remaining courses for the student’s current degree program must be
completed at the Academic Renewal institution. A student classified with Academic
Renewal cannot attend another institution as a transient student.
Re-enrolling students who have been out of school for five years and who do not request
Academic Renewal status at the time of re-admission may request the status within three
academic semesters or within one calendar year, whichever comes first. Suspended or
dismissed students who attend another institution during the suspension/dismissal period
are not eligible for Academic Renewal.
Students wishing to apply for Academic Renewal must complete an “Academic Renewal
Application.” Once the application is completed, the student is required to meet with the
Academic Appeals Committee, which meets immediately prior to the beginning of each
semester. Final approval of the Academic Renewal status is granted by the Academic
Appeals Committee.
1. Obtain the appropriate form from the Records office.
a. For Academic Renewal, two forms are needed: “Academic Renewal
Application” and “Request for Academic Appeal.”
b. For change of grade or lifting academic suspension/dismissal only the “Request for
Academic Appeal” is needed.
2. Fill out the forms completely.
3. For
change of grade
, supporting documentation is required. The appeals committee
will only hear appeals for grade changes from F or WF to W.
If there is no supporting
documentation, the appeal will not be heard.
4. If you are requesting
Academic Renewal
Have you been absent from Darton at least 5 years?
a. Did you complete all learning support requirements prior to the absence?
b. Have you remained out of all University System schools during the absence from
c. Have you been back at Darton for less than one calendar year?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, you do not meet the criteria for
academic renewal.
5. Return the forms with any supporting documentation (including proof of extenuating
circumstances) to the Records Office.
1...,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57 59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,...541
Powered by FlippingBook