What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (20 U.S.C. § 1681) provides that no person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
The Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer;
- Promotes the creation of policies, procedures and notifications designed to ensure university compliance with Title IX
- Oversees implementation of compliance procedures, including investigation and disposition of complaints
- Answers questions and provides guidance about Title IX compliance and the university’s related policies and procedures
- Acts as liaison to the state and federal agencies that enforce Title IX
- Helps ensure the campus community and university employees with Title IX compliance responsibilities are adequately trained and educated
- Monitors all other aspects of the university’s Title IX compliance
- Primarily responsible for providing management oversight, advice, training, and resource
management for developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and continuously
improving a uniform and accessible body of University policies and procedures to ensure
ongoing compliance with Board of Regents (BOR) policies and procedures, and all federal,
state and local laws and regulations applicable to an institution of higher education
To report an incident of Sexual Misconduct, please click below.
Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer, CaDedria D. Hill
|Admin Staff Office Hours||Office Location||Contact Information|
|Monday - Friday||The Old President's House - East Campus||Telephone: (229) 500-3302|
|8:00 AM - 5:00 PM||504 College Drive||E-Fax: (229) 500-4913|
|Albany, GA 31705||E-mail Address: email@example.com