The Albany State University Department of Chemistry and Forensic Sciences Laboratory and auxiliary facilities are housed in the Billy C. Black building and Hartnett Hall. In addition to the main chemistry and forensic laboratories, and Bio-Imaging facility; the biotechnology facility:
- Provides access to spectroscopic, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and a host of analytical instrumentation for sample characterization, identification, and separation.
- Provides access to a small scale microscopy facility for electron (with EDX) and scanning probe topography studies and analysis.
- Provides access to excellent microscopes, sterilization equipment, and secure equipment for cell and tissue culture.
- Provides access to an excellent fluorescence microscope for chemical, cellular/ biological imaging, and bio-imaging analysis.
- Provide refrigeration for a variety of samples from temperature as low as cryogen levels to normal refrigeration.
Analytical / Forensic Analysis:
DNA Analyzer, Real Time PCR and Thermal Cycle PCR:
Elisa Plate reader and Absorbance measurements:
Molecular Analysis, Particle size Analysis, and Chromatography:
Microscopy and Accessories:
Centrifugation and Bench top shakers: