Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP)
The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (ORSP) seeks to promote scholarship, research, creative activities, and engagement by encouraging and providing comprehensive support to faculty and staff in the pursuit of sponsored programs.
The office performs the following services:
- identifies funding opportunities;
- disseminates grant-related information to faculty and administrators;
- organizes and supports the development of grant proposals and budgets;
- facilitates grant writing workshops to assist faculty in developing competitive proposals;
- reviews and approves proposals before submission to ensure compliance with both ASU standards and sponsor requirements;
- assists faculty in submission of timely, accurate, performance reports;
- assists with research and statistics needed for proposal development;
- obtains internal approvals for grant submissions; and
- reviews and processes contracts and sub-contracts awarded to the university.
This website has a great deal of information to help faculty, staff, and administrators identify and explore funding opportunities, understand compliance and regulatory issues, prepare competitive proposals and budgets, and administer grant programs.
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is to provide support for the Albany State University community (including faculty, staff, and students) in the acquisition and successful administration of externally funded projects for research, teaching, and service.
|Admin Staff Office Hours
|Monday - Friday
|Billy C. Black Building, Room 389
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|504 College Drive
|E-mail Address: email@example.com
|Albany, GA. 31705