GaVIEW & Password Help
After Hours Assistance
Monday – Friday, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Saturday/Sunday – 24 hours
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Please note technical assistance is for password and computer issues only.
For GaVIEW navigation, course information downloads, etc.
students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (229) 500-2908.
To log in to GaVIEW, you use your ASU email credentials. Please follow the instructions below for initial email setup and for information on how to change your password.
Initial Email Setup
- Before logging into your email account for the first time, you must change or set
up your password using the Password Management Portal
- The default temporary password will include your date of birth and the last 4 digits
of your Social Security Number in the format P@ssmmddyynnnn.
- P@ss – remains the same
- mmddyy – is the date two digit month, day, year of your birth
- nnnn – is the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- For example, if your birthday is March 15, 2001 and your Social Security numbers is
123–45–6789 then the default password would be:
- The default temporary password will include your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the format P@ssmmddyynnnn.
- Now that your password is established, go the log in page for Office 365
- Enter your username and password in the spaces provided and click “Sign in”
- Log in to https://outlook.office365.com with your email address and your password
- Once logged in, click on the gear symbol (upper right-hand corner)
- Scroll down and click “Office 365” from the menu.
- Click “Security & Privacy”
- Click “Password” in the center of the webpage.
- Enter your existing password then create your new password and click “Submit”
The Username/Password combination you use for your ASU email will be the
Username/Password combination that you use to log in to GaVIEW.