Eligibility requirements for the Velma Fudge Grant Honors Program are below:
- If they don’t have SAT or ACT scores, incoming freshmen students must have a 3.8 GPA.
- If they have, SAT or ACT scores, incoming freshmen students must have a combined score of 1000 for the SAT or a composite score of 22 for the ACT. In both cases, the high school GPA should be 3.5 or higher.
- If the student is a transfer student, the student should have completed at least 15 hours and earned at least a 3.5 GPA.
- Juniors and Seniors are not eligible.
Once accepted, honors students must maintain a 3.5 GPA or higher. In addition to the course requirements, Honors Program students are responsible for pursuing a successful collegiate experience and are expected to:
- Perform at least 80 hours of community service over a four-year period;
- Serve on an Honors Program committee at least one semester;
- Be an active member of the Honors Council;
- Participate in Honors Program activities and events; and
- Comply with all Honors Program Policies.
- Submit an application to the ASU Center for Undergraduate Research and, if accepted, present research at the ASU Undergraduate Symposium/Colloquium;
- Enroll in required Honors Program’s curriculum courses;