The Mission of the Center for Undergraduate Research at Albany State University is to promote a wide variety of undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activities that support and enhance student learning, engage students and faculty mentors in the complete research process and institutionalize undergraduate research as a vital component of the educational experiences at Albany State.
The ASU Center for Undergraduate Research is
committed to the achievement of the following goals:
- Increasing the number of undergraduate students engaged in research at the University.
- Promoting undergraduate presentations at conferences and in local, state and national publications.
- Increasing faculty involvement in mentoring undergraduate research at the University.
- Enhancing student internship and cooperative learning opportunities via the undergraduate research.
- Securing external funds to support the University’s undergraduate research activities.
- Expanding and improving the University’s Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Strengthening the academic preparation and marketability of ASU students via undergraduate research.
- Providing an undergraduate research office for student access to the research assistance needed to conduct research projects, including advice and consultation.