Office of International Education Scholarships

International Flag Banner

Select the title to learn more

The Gilman Scholarship programs are for undergraduate students to study abroad and are funded by the U.S. Department of State. Undergraduate students who receive Federal Pell Grant funding are qualified to apply.

Want to get involved? Need more Information? Contact the Office of International Education at 229-500-2021 or email us at

Facilitators: Dr. Nneka Nora Osakwe, Director of the Office of International Education

The Office of International Education invites all prospective summer study abroad students to apply for the Student Affairs Study Abroad Scholarship (ASASAS). The ASASAS was created in spring 2012 to help ease the financial burden on ASU students who are interested in taking their summer courses abroad. Recipients of the ASASAS award will receive between $300- $1,000 toward an approved study abroad program.

Eligibility: All ASU full-time or part-time students can apply.

Click here to fill out an application!

Fulbright Scholarship

"The Fulbright Program aims to bring a little more knowledge, a little more reason, and a little more compassion into world affairs and thereby to increase the chance that nations will learn at last to live in peace and friendship."
J. William Fulbright

The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program sends American scholars and professionals sabroad to lecture and/or conduct research for up to a year.

The Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Fellowship Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, offers awards to post-doctoral U.S. faculty to support research and training efforts overseas that focus on non-western foreign languages and area studies. Note: No new awards will be made through this program in the financial year 2011 because of substantially reduced funding.

The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program sends experienced American professionals (generally with five or more years of experience in their field) abroad to lecture and/or conduct research for up to a year.

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for U.S. young professionals and artists to study abroad for one academic year. The Program also includes an English Teaching Assistant component.