Because prevention is the most important measure to prevent transmission of any virus, we encourage everyone on campus to follow the same preventative strategies used during a normal cold and flu season:
- Getting a flu shot
- Wash regularly using soap and water
- If soap and water are not available use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes into elbow or tissue and immediately place in trash
- Avoid touching your eyes/nose/mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Stay home when experiencing symptoms of illness until you are fever-free without medication for 24 hours
Flu shots are still recommended for students, faculty, and staff. Flu shots are available through public health departments and your primary care provider.
Because this situation is evolving rapidly and guidance is being updated frequently,
please continue to monitor the
CDC COVID-19 website on a regular basis.