Credit by Exam
Albany State University
Any Albany State University student who believes he or she is proficient in an academic subject may wish to attempt credit by exam by taking either a challenge test or a CLEP test. Each student is encouraged to consult with his or her academic advisor before testing.
Credit by examination may not be awarded in courses for which the student has already earned a grade (A, B, C, D, F, WF). Additional information is available in the catalog.
Challenge tests for academic credit are under the control of each division or department chairperson. All inquiries should be directed to the division or department chairperson in which the course is taught.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests are CollegeBoard standardized tests administered by personnel in the Testing Center.
To look at the CLEP Exams Overview and to register for CLEP exams visit the CLEP website at https://clep.collegeboard.org/.
- Register online at https://clep.collegeboard.org/register.
- Print your Registration Ticket.
- To schedule a test date:
- call the ASU Testing Center Office, 229-500-2921, or
- email email@example.com, or
- visit the West Campus Testing Center, 2400 Gillionville Rd., Bldg. G-101.
What to Bring on Test Day:
- Photo ID - Government issued photo ID (name on ID must match name on the registration ticket)
- CLEP Registration Ticket printed from your CLEP account
- Proctor Fee: $20 cash/exact amount
For additional information about CLEP