Homecoming Day Tips: Parking and Tailgating
- Parking fees will be enforced at campus entrances beginning at 8 a.m. This includes
both entrances on Joseph Holley Circle, College Drive, both entrances on Sands Drive,
along Oglethorpe Blvd. behind the Coliseum and the Radium Springs Road entrance. Joseph
Holley Circle will be one-way only on game day upon arrival and exiting.
- Campus parking is $10 per vehicle; VIP stadium parking is only available for those
with a designated parking pass (VIP and RAM Fund/Quarterback Club). VIP guest parking
will be accessible via Joseph Holley Circle by the Early Learning Center.
- On game day, stadium ticket booths and stadium gates open at noon.
Campus Gates Closing
- Certain gates at campus entrances on both campuses will be closed at 10 p.m. beginning on Thursday. The only accessible entrances to campus after 10 p.m. are below.
- · Radium Springs Road (James Pendergrast Library) Entrance
- · Radium Springs Road (Billy C. Black Building) Entrance
- · Dennis Drive (Upper Level Student Center) Entrance
- · College Drive (Facilities) Entrance
- · Foundation Lane (Residence Halls) Entrance
- Students with valid RAM ID will be permitted to park in student-designated parking areas at no charge (Hall 5 & 6, behind Halls 3 & 4, behind Halls 1 and 2, and lower level behind East, North and South Halls, Wiley, and Gibson). Once these lots are full, students will be required to park on lower campus in general parking areas.
- Due to high traffic congestion, residential students are encouraged to remain parked
throughout the day.
- Students leaving campus from Halls 5 and 6 will need to exit via Capital Drive. Those
leaving from Halls 3 and 4 should exit via Dennis Drive by the Student Center. From
Halls 1, 2, North, South and East, students should exit via the main lower campus
entrance at the library.
- Students with valid RAM ID will be permitted to park at no charge in the parking lots designated for parking on lower campus.
Faculty and Staff Parking
- Faculty and staff with a valid parking decal will not pay a parking fee for the Homecoming game only. Decals must be hanging on dash mirror and highly visible.
Ram Rush Service
- RAM Rush will operate from 8 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. to transport students between both
campuses. Pick-up and drop off will be on Sands Drive at Capitol Drive and Radium
Springs Road near the Early Learning Center.
- ASU bus hours will begin at 8:30 p.m. and end with the last trip from the East Campus to the West Campus at 1 a.m. This bus will be open to students only, please bring your valid RAM ID.
Disabled Person’s Parking
- Parking for those with a disability is located in the east and west ends of the Lovett Hall parking area, and is available for vehicles with valid state-issued disabled person's parking permit.
- Tailgating lots will open on Saturday at 8 a.m. Individuals who would like to set
up on Friday after 12 p.m. should contact Adam Okashah at (229) 500-2856 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. ASU is not responsible for tents and/or items left overnight.
- All cars entering the campus for tailgating, to set-up or drop-off will be required
to pay to enter. Once on campus, you will have the option to leave, but there will
be no guarantee that parking will be available upon your return.
- Please help keep our campus clean by picking up your trash. The university is not providing electricity, water, or trash disposal.
- Vendors will be allowed to set-up on campus on designated days only (Friday beginning
at 9 a.m. and Saturday beginning at 7 a.m.)
- Vendors will be allowed to drive vehicles on the pedestrian walk-way until 9:30 a.m.
After this time, all vehicles must be moved to the parking lot. Vendors must park
in the lot behind the Daisy Brown Building.
- All vehicles and merchandise must be removed from the campus by 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Clear Bag Policy
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap that do not exceed 4.5" x 6.5"
(approximately the size of a hand).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at
a gate designated for this purpose.
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag;
briefcases; backpacks, cinch bags, and fanny packs that are not clear and/or exceed
the size restriction; luggage of any kind; computer bags/cases; binocular bags/cases
or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- In the event of inclement weather, bring a poncho as umbrellas are prohibited in the coliseum.
- Reminder: The university reserves the right to tow a vehicle at owner's expense, if parked in locations that create life-safety issues or illegally parked in an unauthorized area.