Albany State University is site approved to receive educational benefits from the Veterans Administration (VA), MyCAA, and Tuition Assistance.
HOW TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS:
Turn in a VA Authorization Form each semester after you register for classes.
Go to va.gov
Click "Apply for Education Benefits"
Click "Find your Education Benefits Form" (green tab)
Answer the questions at the link. As a reminder the applicant is the student who will be attending ASU.
If you have used educational benefits at another institution, go to the GI Bill Website to update your current educational benefits.
After processing by the VA is complete, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility that should be provided to the Office of Military and Adult Education please email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post 9/11 for veteran and dependents/Chapter 33 and the FRY scholarship pay tuition and fees (from 40% to 100%, based on eligibility) to the institution, but housing and associated charges are the responsibility of the student. For all other educational benefits (Chapter 30, 35, and 1606), the student will be responsible for adhering to all payment deadlines established by the institution, as VA benefits are paid directly to the student.
APPLYING FOR/USING MYCAA:
Military Tuition Assistance
Each military service branch and component has its own criteria for Tuition Assistance. Before enrolling and using tuition assistance at Albany State University, please speak with your Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within your military service.
Military Branch Education Portals
- Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard
- Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, Space Force
- Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserve
- Marine Corps, Marine Reserve
- Navy, Navy Reserve
General Information about Military Tuition Assistance
- TA is exclusive to currently serving members of the Armed Forces. Service Members must get approval from their ESO before enrollment.
- TA is requested on a course-by-course basis, and each course must be part of an approved degree program.
- TA requests should be completed before the start of the semester. Each military service branch has its own deadline.
- Completed TA approvals should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Service members before applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid should contact their Financial Aid Counselor.