Registrar FAQ

 Frequently Asked Questions

You must be absent from school for at least three calendar years in order to apply for academic renewal.
Yes, you will still receive credit for courses in which grades of A, B, C, S or K were earned, however none of those courses will count in your GPA. 
 The application can be found at > Registrar > Forms > Academic Renewal
You can find the application for a fee waiver at > Students > Registrar > Forms > Application and Certification of Fee Waiver Under Amendment 23.

You can mail or fax the form to our office on Gillionville Road. 

Fax: (229) 500-4946

Address: Albany State University
Attn: Office of the Registrar
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, GA 31707
 Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
The application, a list of required documentation and a list of frequently asked questions can be found at > Registrar > Tuition Waivers.
No. Border state waivers are for undergraduate students only.  Even if a grad student received a border state waiver as an undergrad, they can no longer receive the waiver as a grad student.

You can submit the Change of Name, address or phone number form, which can be found at > Registrar > Forms > Change of Name, Address, or Phone Number.  A copy of the student’s current social security card must also be submitted with a name change.

You can view all of our course offerings on our website at > Students > Class Schedule

You can request to audit a course by filling out the form located at  > Registrar > Forms > Request to Audit a Course


Auditing a course requires the same tuition and fees as if you were taking the course for credit.

You can apply for graduation and degree evaluation at > Registrar > Forms > Application for Graduation and Degree Evaluation
It takes roughly 12 weeks for a graduate to receive their diploma in the mail.
Send a written request along with a check/money order. Be sure to include the following information on the request: Name (as it will be listed on the diploma), birthday, last four of social, major, year of graduation, the address the diploma will be sent to, and a phone number.

Associates & Bachelors: $30

Masters: $40

You may verify enrollment (SHACRSE) and degree information (SHADEGR) over the phone.

If a written verification is needed the student may request one using the Enrollment Verification Request Form, found at > Registrar > Forms > Enrollment Verification Request Form.

Yes, financial obligations to the institutions does not have anything to do with verifying whether a student is enrolled for the current or previous semesters.

For further help you can reach the Registrar's Office at

ASU is required to protect students’ rights to privacy under federal law. We cannot disclose any student information without written consent from the student. Only students may authorize others access their records by completing a FERPA form. 
The FERPA Authorization form is located at > Students > Registrar > Click on Forms > Authorization to Release Information (FERPA Form)
You can find the final exam schedule at > Students > Registrar > Final Exam Schedule

You will need to contact the instructor of the class that requires a change of grade.  If you are unable to reach them, contact your program coordinator and academic advisor. 

You can apply for graduation and degree evaluation at > Students > Registrar > Forms > Application for Graduation and Degree Evaluation.

Students should apply for graduation when they have the following hours remaining to satisfy graduation requirements: Associates: 15 hours, Bachelors: 30 hours, Masters: 20 hours, or Specialist: 16 hours.

Students also must have the required cumulative GPA prior to the beginning of the semester in which he is scheduled to graduate.

A student must have at least 60 hours of academic work in order to graduate with their AS/AA. At least 18 of those hours must be completed at ASU.

All of our AA/AS programs and certificates require a 2.00 to graduate.

Students will be awarded honors according to the following table:

Summa Cum Laude

3.90 – 4.00

Magna Cum Laude

3.75 – 3.89

Cum Laude

3.50 – 3.74

No, honors are only awarded to undergraduate students.
Honors are based upon all academic work attempted including all courses attempted at other institutions. At least 60 hours of credits for Bachelor and 30 hours of credits for Associate used to determine honors must be earned at Albany State University. To determine eligibility for recognition of graduation with honors at the ceremony, the student’s grade point average at the end of the term prior to the graduation ceremony will be used.  
You can complete our Change of Major form online. 

To go from an Associate's Degree program to a Bachelor program you will need to have at least 30 credit hours and meet the minimum GPA requirement for that program. 

To change your major from Health Science or Health & Human Performance to one of our Career Associate programs you will need to first be accepted into that program. Once you have been accepted you will need to work with your advisor to complete the Internal Transfer Process. Please view our Internal Transfer Page for more information. 

You will add/change a minor the same way you can change your major. You will need to complete our Change of Major form. If you have any questions about if a minor is available please contact our office at or you can speak with your advisor. 

You will need to submit our readmission application. You can visit our Readmissions page for more information. 
No, our readmit application does not have a fee. 
If a student does not register for one semester (Fall or Spring) then they will need to apply for readmission.

The initial turn-around time is approximately 7-10 business days from when we download your application. This period is not specific to acceptance, just when you should hear from the readmission specialist. She will communicate with you through the email you provided on your application. Additional documentation or college transcripts may be required in order for you to be readmitted.

For further assistance, contact our office at

As long as it is still before the end of drop/add you can still register for classes.  Please contact your advisor.

Most likely the student has a hold on their account. Students with 60 earned hours and below must contact the Academic Advising Center to register. You can contact them via email at or by telephone at 229-500-2002.

Students with 61 hours earned and above must contact the program faculty advisor of the current major.

No, The first passing grade earned above “D” will be reflected in the cumulative GPA, in lieu of the immediate prior grade.
Yes, the repeat policy only applies to courses in which a student earned a “D” or “F”
A student may repeat a course a maximum of two (2) times for the purposes of executing the repeat policy.  After the third attempt of a course the repeat policy is null and void.
Albany State University follows the University System of Georgia’s policy when classifying students for tuition charges based on the information provided on the Application for Admission.  A student may petition to change their tuition classification.  Refer the student to > Students > Registrar > Tuition Waivers

We can transfer in up to 42 credits for an Associate's Degree program & 90 credits for a Bachelor’s program.

We evaluate transcripts after a student has been admitted to the university.  

For further transfer articulation questions refer the student to Office of the Registrar email  

You can order your transcript online at or the student can go to > Students > Order Transcripts

The processing time is 1-3 days, depending on whether it is mailed, e-scripted or for pickup.

NO – A transcript, cannot be generated until the Business hold has been cleared. All financial obligations must be cleared thru the Cashier’s Office first and then the Registrar’s Office is notified of the clearance. 

No, we cannot fax transcripts. 

You can check the status of your transcript order at > Students > Order Transcripts, then click on Check the Status of Your Transcript Request at the bottom of the page

For further help refer the student to Office of the Registrar

You will need to contact your advisor. The Registrar’s Office receives the form once the student’s department has approved the courses they are requesting to take elsewhere.

Transient students must submit official applications for admission and letters of approval from the Registrar of the institution in which they are enrolled certifying that they are currently eligible to return to the parent institution, and that they have been granted permission to enroll at Albany State University for a specified period of time. The University requires that the letter of approval from the Registrar include a list of courses that the student should take while enrolled at Albany State University. If needed, Financial Aid MUST be awarded by the student’s parent institution.

All incoming transient students are registered through the Registrar's Office. Please email if you are needing to register. 

If the student withdraws before the Last day to drop without academic penalty you will receive a “W” which will not penalize the student. If the student withdraws after that date they will receive a WF, which will affect the student’s GPA negatively.