Albany State University has an app for campus safety. LiveSafe is a free downloadable app that the campus community can use to initiate contact with emergency responders on campus.
- Report Tips: The "Report Tips" feature allows you to send text, picture, video, and audio directly to ASU Police
in real-time, and anonymously if you prefer. You can share information about any safety
incidents or concerns, such as suspicious activity, theft, harassment, and more. You
can also engage in a live chat with a safety official.
- Emergency Options: By calling 911, or calling/messaging ASU Police from the "Emergency Options" screen, you will initiate location tracking, allowing safety officials to see where
you are and respond to you more quickly in an emergency situation. You can easily
stop location tracking at any time after the call is placed.
- SafeWalk: Get from place to place safely by using SafeWalk to invite your contacts to "virtually escort" you, allowing them to follow your location on a map as they chat with you. You can
request to virtually escort others as well.
- Receive Alerts: Stay up to date by receiving important safety notifications and emergency alerts
from ASU Police.
- Resources: Access important safety information such as emergency procedures, health & wellness resources, sexual assault assistance resources, and more.
- Complete your profile: To gain the maximum benefit of the LiveSafe app, make sure to complete your user
profile with your mobile phone number. This will help ASU Police better respond to
reports you send in.
- Enable Push Notifications: Allow "Push Notifications" to be enabled in your Settings. ASU Public Safety will send important alerts through
SMS, email, and push notifications. You will not be spammed.
- Enable Location Services: Be sure to enable location services. Safety officials rely on GPS data to better serve and protect you. When you report an incident or make an emergency call through the app, ASU Police will see your location so they can respond quickly. Don't worry! You are not being actively tracked, and can stop location tracking (when used during emergencies) any time you want.
For technological assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.