Radiologic Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Radiologic Science Program at Albany State University is to graduate competent, capable and adaptable entry-level radiologic technologists who possess appropriate levels of skill, professionalism, and compassion with a commitment to the highest quality patient care.
Program Goals with Student Learning Outcomes (SLO):
GOAL 1: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate professional behavior in the clinical setting.
- SLO: Students will explain the importance of continued education.
GOAL 2: Students will demonstrate proper communication skills.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
GOAL 3: Students will demonstrate critical thinking capabilities.
- SLO: Students will adjust procedures for non-routine exams.
- SLO: Students will accurately critique images for diagnostic quality.
GOAL 4: Students will demonstrate competence in the clinical setting.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate knowledge of positioning skills.
- SLO: Students will use appropriate technical factors.
- SLO: Students will practice radiation protection.
The Health Sciences department is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Radiologic Science program, please contact Kelley Castro.