DMS Mission Statement And Goals
The mission of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at Albany State University is to graduate competent, capable and adaptable entry-level sonographers who possess appropriate levels of skill, professionalism, and compassion with a commitment to the highest quality of patient care.
- To prepare competent entry-level sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor
(skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains in the following learning concentrations:
- Abdominal sonography-Extended
- Obstetrics and gynecology sonography
- To provide a curriculum designed to meet requirements of professional bodies
- To provide guidance in pursuing educational opportunities that maximize professional potential
- To track success of graduates in obtaining employment as sonographers upon successful completion of program
- To survey graduates and employers within one year of graduation for input on program strengths and areas for improvement
- To prepare students to take the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) examinations appropriate for the abdominal sonography-extended and obstetrics and gynecology sonography learning concentrations
The Division of Health Sciences is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, please contact Kacey Davis or Elaine Hambric.