The ultimate goal of the program is to prepare students for career entry positions as Histotechnicians. The program strives through educational methods and specific professional competencies to incorporate all facets of quality laboratory practices with a curriculum designed to prepare graduates in various hands-on and analytical skills.
- Collect and safely handle tissue specimens for analysis.
- Perform accurate laboratory testing including special stains.
- Identify problems and take corrective actions.
- Operate equipment properly and perform preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Use quality assurance to monitor procedures, equipment and technical competencies.
- Comply with established laboratory safety procedures.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and maintain confidentiality in terms of patients and results.
- Interact professionally with patients and other health care professionals.
The Health Sciences department is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Histologic Technician program, please contact Email: Taiquanda Winbush.