Announcement: New ITS Ticketing System
To: Albany State University Faculty & Staff
Posted: February 6, 2017
Subject: Samanage: New ITS Ticketing System Go Live
As of, February 2, 2017, Albany State University Information Technology Services department (ITS) has launched our new unified IT ticketing system.
We are shutting down both campuses current ticketing systems the LANDesk Service Desk & OTRS. If you have an existing ticket in either one of these systems, we will still seek their resolution.
We are excited about this new solution and the positive impact it will have on our customers. We believe that Samanage will enable ITS to deliver the best service and support possible for the following reasons:
- Service Portal: You will easily be able to submit your own tickets through the Samanage Service Portal. All of your requests for assistance from ITS will be in a single location, making it easier for you to check on the status of your request, track its progress, and contact the assigned technician to your incident.
- IT Asset Management: IT assets such as your workstations, laptops, iPads etc will be managed through Samanage. All of your devices will eventually sync to your Samanage account. This is a large on-going project that we expect will last into the Fall ’17 semester.
- Streamlines Interface: The simpler interface will make creating and managing tickets easier. Samanage is cloud based so it is assessable anytime, from anywhere. Samanage keeps you updated along the way by automatically sending you emails with updates and any questions from the assigned technician. You can easily respond directly to these email messages and your assigned technician will receive them.
- Feedback: Upon ITS resolving your incident, Samanage will send a customer service satisfaction survey to your email address. This gives you the opportunity to provide feedback on your experience throughout your incidents life-cycle.
- Knowledge Base: You will be able to get answers to your questions from a searchable library of support information anytime, anywhere. Example articles include: "How to connect to the wifi, how to configure your mobile device with Office 365 mail and how to change your default web browser?" We will continue to build and develop our knowledge base with helpful information and common fixes thus giving you, our customers, the needed information up front.
To Access Samanage
In order to access the Samanage Service Portal, please visit helpdesk.asurams.edu. Alternatively, you can easily navigate to the Faculty/Staff tab on the website and from there you will see a link for Submit an IT Ticket underneath the Computing Resources header. You will then be prompted to log in via Single Sign On. Your current ASURams email address and password will allow you to log into Samanage. The majority of Faculty/Staff on the West campus currently have an @asurams.edu email address provided by Crandall Robinson, please use this to access Samanage, @darton.edu accounts will not let you log in. If you have issues getting logged in, please give us a call 229.500.2027.
End User Trainings
Samanage is very user-friendly and easy to navigate through. We have recorded a short screen capture walkthrough for you to watch at your leisure. The video walks you through logging in, the Knowledge Base, Service Catalog and submitting a ticket. We are also offering a training session on each campus for those of you that would like true one-on-one instruction. Feel free to drop by anytime during the time periods and we will walk you through Samanage on a one-on-one personal basis. For those of you that attend these one-on-one training, we will be giving away drink coasters and cell phone chargers provided by the USG Technology Store (limited quantities, first come first serve). We will also hold a raffle after each training and a winner from each campus will receive a nice prize package, it will include a T-shirt, water bottle, USB power bank, USB car adapter and a few more goodies! Don’t miss out!
East Campus, JPL 110
Tuesday, Feb 14th, 10am-12pm
Friday, Feb 17th, 1pm-3pm
West Campus, A170
Wednesday, Feb 15th, 1pm-3pm
Thursday, Feb 16th, 10am-12pm