Golden Rams Announce 2022 Football Schedule
The Albany State University (ASU) football team, under the direction of Head Coach Gabe Giardina, released their 2022 football schedule. The Golden Rams will play a total of 10 football games, playing 4 home games in the ASU Coliseum, and 6 away games including the Fountain City Classic.
“We are excited for our campus and the community to have another opportunity to support Golden Rams Football this year. Football season is a time for celebration and reunion. It is our hope to see the community come out in large numbers to cheer on our student-athletes for what will be an exciting and challenging season,” said ASU Athletics Director Tony Duckworth.
The University hopes to see community members and alumni come out for the 2022 season, beginning with the first home game against the Mississippi College Choctaws Saturday, September 3.
"I am excited to have our 2022 Football schedule released. I greatly appreciate AD Duckworth’s tireless effort to help us secure such an exciting and competitive schedule.
We are excited to renew an old rivalry with FAMU. Playing Gulf South Conference teams help us greatly in getting our team ready for SIAC play and potential seeding in the post-season. From a non-conference standpoint, we try to schedule games that that make it easy for our parents and Ram Nation to travel to so they can support us. Let’s fill the coliseum this season," said Head Coach Gabe Giardina.
- On September 10, the Golden Rams will travel to Tallahassee, Florida to play the Florida
- The Golden Rams will play the Shorter University Hawks in Rome, Georgia on Saturday,
- The Golden Rams will play their first conference game when they travel to Atlanta,
Georgia to play the Clark-Atlanta University Panthers on Saturday, September 24.
- After three consecutive road games, the Golden Rams will return home to play the Miles
College Golden Bears on Saturday, October 1.
- On Saturday, October 8, the Golden Rams will travel to Jacksonville, Florida to play the Edward Waters University Tigers.
- This year’s Homecoming game is sure to be one for the books as the Golden Rams go
head to head with the Benedict College Tigers on Saturday, October 15. The University
foresees a sold-out game for the hottest celebration of the year.
- The Golden Rams will travel to Savannah, Georgia to play the Savannah State Tigers
on Saturday, October 22.
- In the final home game of the season, the Golden Rams will host the Morehouse College
Maroon Tigers at the ASU Coliseum on Saturday, October 29.
- On Saturday, November 5, the Golden Rams will play the Fort Valley State University
Wildcats in the 2022 Fountain City Classic at the A.J. McClung Memorial Stadium in
- The 2022 SIAC Championship game will take place on Saturday, November 12, on the campus of the Eastern Division champion.
Ticket information and game times will be announced in the coming months. Season passes
and RAM Fund reservations will also be available.
For more information on the ASU football team, visit asugoldenrams.com and follow Golden Ram Athletics on Twitter @ASUGoldenRams, or call 229-500-2863.