Albany State University Delayed Opening: Friday, November 11
Due to the continued expected existence of inclement weather Albany State University will delay opening until 10:00 a.m. on Friday, November 11.
Classes held from 8:00 am - 10:00 a.m. will move to an online remote instruction format. The ASU Dining Halls (East & West) will continue normal operations. Retail locations including Chick fil A, The Ram Hideaway and Golden Expresso will open at 10:00 am. RAM RUSH transportation and Supplemental ASU transportation will operate as normal.
Normal business operations for Albany State University (ASU) will resume at 10:00 a.m. Employees should report to campus at that time.
Additional information will be shared by way of your university e-mail accounts, the ASU website, all official University social media accounts, and ASU Emergency Communications System (Connect5) if an emergency occurs.
Severe Weather Safety Tips
- Lock and secure all windows.
- Locate the nearest emergency shelter in your building. Emergency shelters are located on the first floor and are identified by an emergency shelter sign.
- Fully charge your electronic devices (phones and backup batteries).
- Store important documents and medicines in your “Go-Bag,” with additional clothes and essential items in case you need to leave quickly. Include a copy of your emergency contacts information, insurance information, and a record of any medical condition(s).
- Block windows if necessary and move away from them.
- Stay sheltered in a safe location within your residence hall or home.
- Avoid walking or parking around trees.