Tropical Storm Nicole Campus Notice: November 10
We are closely monitoring Tropical Storm Nicole. The latest update from the Office of Emergency Management states that there is a chance for moderate to severe weather in the late afternoon and throughout the evening on Thursday, November 10. Weather conditions may include damaging winds, heavy rainfall, and flash flooding. Please tune into your local news channels for additional updates.
In consideration of the health and safety of our campus community, Albany State University classes will transition to remote online instruction beginning at 12 p.m. today. Faculty will work with students on making up any missed assignments and lectures. Additionally, all student activities are cancelled for the remainder of the day.
RAM RUSH transportation will cease all operations at 12 p.m. Limited Supplemental ASU transportation will continue to operate until further notice and weather permitting. ASU Dining will continue operations as normal.
Additional information will be shared by way of your university e-mail accounts, the ASU website, all official University social media accounts, and ASU Emergency Communications System (Connect5) if an emergency occurs.
For updates from the National Hurricane Center, please click here.
In case of an immediate emergency please contact the ASU Police Department at 229-430-4711.
Due to inclement weather, normal business operations for Albany State University (ASU) will end today at 4 p.m. Additionally, all campus activities after 5 p.m. are cancelled. ASU Dining operation is not impacted and will operate as normal.
Severe Weather Safety Tips
In advance of severe weather;
- Lock and secure all windows.
- Locate the nearest emergency shelter in your building. Emergency shelters are located on the first floor and are identified by an emergency shelter sign.
- Fully charge your electronic devices (phones and backup batteries).
- Store important documents and medicines in your “Go-Bag,” with additional clothes and essential items in case you need to leave quickly. Include a copy of your emergency contacts information, insurance information, and a record of any medical condition(s).
During severe weather;
- Block windows if necessary and move away from them.
- Stay sheltered in a safe location within your residence hall or home.
- Avoid walking or parking around trees.
In case of an immediate emergency please contact the ASU Police Department at 229-430-4711. We will continue to monitor the forecast for updates.